September 09, 2008

Update - (I'm not very creative with my post titles)

Last night Shirley had chemo. We did get her tumor markers back from her appt. on Thursday and they have gone up slightly. Now what does this mean...who knows. They tell you not to get too excited when they go down so I guess don't get too scared when they go up??? That's how we are going to deal with it. Shirley will have chemo next Monday again, then the next week she will have off. On the 30th we will have a full day. She will have CT scans, bloodwork, Doctor appointment and then Chemotherapy. This appointment should tell us if we have anything to worry about. If the tumors are still reacting positively to her treatment and we will find out her tumor markers again.

Shirley did feel like she had a virus last week so we are wondering if that could affect the tumor markers. I guess I could sit here and wonder all day. But I won't. I'm going to wait until we see the doctor again on the 30th and get questions answered then.

After the appointment, Mom, Kathy, Shirley and I went to Outback. Again, the laughter was ridiculous. There was the constant threat of food or drink being spit on the person across from them at any moment. This seems to be a problem with these women...as soon as we take a drink or bite of food....that's when we have to say the funniest thing you have ever heard. Lots of self control is needed to keep the food or beverage in the mouth.

So Chemo is over for this week. Shirley...please take it a little easier this week. You have been doing a lot and I think it's taking its toll on your body. Give it a little bit of a break. I know it's hard, but we need you healthy and feeling good so that we can all enjoy your birthday with you Saturday night.

My Love to everyone and have a great week!!!!!!!

Teresa

No comments: