September 29, 2008

What Makes Me Smile


Friday night Shirley and Mike had Steve and I over for dinner. It was delicious. Steak, potatoes, corn, the works. After dinner, we sat on the deck with a fire lit and just talked the night away. The weather was perfect. It was a wonderful evening ... Thank you Shirley!!!

Saturday Shirley, Mom and Sam spent the day at the Renaissance Festival. That afternoon Shirley brought Sam and Alex over to spend the night with my kiddos. Something that is very important to know...Nik, Jake, Sam and Alex are best friends. They call themselves "the gang". I'm not sure they are ever as happy as when they are all together. They had a wonderful time together Saturday night eating pizza, playing video games and of course staying up very, very late.
Now, to what makes me smile...When I took Sam and Alex home Sunday, we first stopped by Grandma and Grandpa's to visit for awhile. When we got ready to go they all insisted on riding in the back of the truck. (I know it's against the law). As I was driving down the country road, I looked in the mirror. I saw four wonderful children, hair blowing in the wind and the biggest smiles I have ever seen. They were so happy and content just being together and riding in the back of this truck. So innocent and not a care in the world. For that moment anyway, neither did I. I wanted it to last forever.

So this week, when I get stressed or worried, I will think of that moment. And hopefully it will bring back that same feeling I had yesterday. I wish for all of us we could just live in that moment.

But this week does bring some stress and worry. Tomorrow Shirley will have her appt. to have her CT scans done and see her doctor. We will get update on those tumor markers and see where we are at. Friday, Dad will have his procedure for his arteries. Please pray for our family this week that by Friday night, we will have had all good news.

Until then, I'm taking myself back to that country road with 4 kids in the back of my truck!!!!

Love,

Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TRE,
NEVER GIVE UP ON THE MEMORIES OF THE YOUTH. MINE OF MY CHILDREN AND EVEN YOURS KEEPS ME HAPPY. UNCLE GUY BEING CALLED UNCLE MAN, GUY FISHING WITH DAD AND ALL THE NEPHEWS AT AGES 5 THROUGH 12. THE GIRLS GIGGLING WITH MY OLDER GIRLS, SECRET QUESTIONS THAT WE AS MOTHERS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW. THREE YOUNGER SISTERS RIFLING THROUGH THEIR OLDER SISTERS STUFF BOTH SO NEW TO EACH OTHER. THOUGH I AM ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE STATES I LIKE TO BRING MY FAMILY MEMORIES BACK TO HELP ME WHEN I CAN'T BE THERE TO HELP ON DOCTOR APPT.S AND WHEN SILY THINGS HAPPEN. SO HERE'S TO TRE FOR BEING SOME OF MY FAVORITE MEMORIES.
LOVE TEAR

Anonymous said...

Tresa,
The good times in our life are so precious and can never be taken away. I still remenber of all the laughter we've had through the years. I've been thinking lately of the fun I used to have with your mom, Floy, and Carolyn playing in the vine trees out on the farm. Going back to that time makes me feel so lucky to have family such as you guys.

Steve