September 08, 2008

I Think Fall is Coming

I am so surprised with this weather. Surprised...but happy. I love the fall and this time of year. And I think it is here to stay. I hope anyway. I didn't post much last week, I was sick a couple of days. I actually missed Shirley's appt. on Thursday. I was told it went well. Just the routine check up. She did do her bloodwork but we did not get her tumor markers back yet. That should be today. I was not happy at all about missing this appointment and we are going to hope that does not happen again. I feel like one appointment means so much. I have been with Shirley since this whole journey started, from the night she called and told me she had pain in her side, to the day she got diagnosed with this cancer...so I am sure that will be the last appt. I miss. I am sure the entire Cancer Center would not have appreciated somebody with a fever running around in there. They have enough to deal with. So we move on...Today we have chemo at 4:30.

The weekend was a good one. Nik (my son) turned 17 on Saturday and we celebrated at Mom and Dad's. Great time of course. Nik chose to have his party there so thank you mom and dad for letting us do that.

Sunday I am sure Shirley was busy celebrating Mike's birthday. He turned 40 yesterday. Happy Birthday Mike. This Saturday we will celebrate Shirley's birthday!!!!! I am really excited. Mom, Shirley, Cindy, Bea, Kathy and I are going to dinner and a movie.

So we will spend the rainy evening at the Cancer Center. I've said it many times, but I am looking forward to seeing the ladies...not the chemo.

Teresa

No comments: