July 16, 2008

Wednesday

It's Wednesday. The day before Thursday. And that means now in our life it's the day before Shirley's chemo starts to affect her body. Fatigue will set in and all that crappy stuff. But today, she said she feels good. That makes me happy.

I really don't have a whole lot to say today. I just felt like writing. I got to have lunch with my little sister Kathy. It was a wonderful break in my day. She has no idea how much I needed that. Thank you Kathy:)

The countdown is on for our trip. When I talked to Shirley earlier today, I told her to finish up her chemo pills (xeloda) this week and let's be done with it. Move on to next week so we can have some fun in St. Louis. She is actually all for that because Shirley hates taking the chemo pills. They cause her the most side affects we think. But next week - NO CHEMO!!!!! Yea!

We will return Sunday evening the 27th from our trip and on Monday the 28th we will go with Shirley to have her CT scan done. I can't believe it's time already. But I guess it's good. To make sure this crap is still working. Oh, did I say crap. Sorry. On Tuesday, the 29th, we will see the Doctor and if he says it's working, we will proceed with chemo that day.

Shirley, you are always on my mind on Wednesday. I hate that you have to go through the next couple of days. I will think about you this afternoon and I will pray that your symptoms are minimal and you get the rest you need. Listen to your body and sleep.

Love....Teresa

No comments: