July 14, 2008

Funny People

Today was our chemo day. And I have to say, as much as chemo sucks, I laugh harder on those days than almost any other time. Today was slow. Shirley was supposed to have her bloodwork at 9:45 and they didn't see her until almost 11:00 I think. And we didn't finish up completely until around 1:30. Long day. But sitting there with Shirley, Kathy and mom actually can be fun. If you get a chance, ask my mother what a fat quarter is. It was something really to do with quilting, but it sure made us laugh. And then of course there is Kathy. She decided to blow up a rubber glove. We had fun with the rubber glove and at this minute, the rubber glove is still riding the elevator at the Cancer Center. I have no doubt, there may come a time that Kathy and I will no longer be allowed at her appts. either by Shirley or the Nurses there. But for now, we make them as fun as possible.

Shirley did really well at her appt. We spent some time planning our trip and we are all very excited. Less than two weeks!!!! Yea!!!!

My serious thought for the day is the fact that a lot of people get diagnosed with Cancer. Almost all cancers today have some sort of treatment and some even have cures. Unfortunately, Shirley was not diagnosed with any of those. She was diagnosed with one that they did not really even have a specific treatment for and was told there is no cure. No such thing as remission. This past weekend, Tony Snow died of Colon Cancer. I watched a previous interview with him and he talked about how he knew how bad his cancer was and how he was not given long to live. But he decided to fight as hard as he could because they just might come up with a cure in his lifetime. So that is how I am going to look at this. We are going to fight as hard as we can, because somebody might find a cure. NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!! And as hard as Shirley is fighting and as good as she is doing, it's hard not to believe in miracles.

So tonight I will go home and pray for a Cure or a Miracle!!!! Whatever God decides to give us first. I will take either one:) We all love you Shirley!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TERESA I THINK YOU HAVE A GREATOUT LOOK. I ALSO PRAY FOR A CURE BECAUSE TO MANY PEOPLE IN MY PART OF THE FAMILY HAVE GONE FROM CANCER WAITING,BUT THEY WERE IN ELDER YEARS. THOUGH THAT SHOULD NOT MATTER BUT WHEN YOU SEE SOMEONE YOUNG YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO OR SAY. YOUR ONLY AND FIRST PROCCESS OF THIS IS PRAYER KNOWING THAT HIS WILL WILL BE DONE. WHETHER THE OUT COME IS WHAT WE EXPECT OR NOT THAT HIS PICTURE OF THINGS FOR OUR SISTER IS IN HIS BEST INTEREST AS WELL AS HERS. BUT AS YOU CAN SEE HER WILL TO GO ON, HER OUT LOOK AND HER PROGRESS IN THE MEDICAL THERAPY IS GREAT. I WILL MISS ALL OF YOU AND WISH I WAS GOING WITH YOU ALL. BUT HTIS IS GREAT FOR YOU , KATHY, SHIRLEY AND MOM.

Anonymous said...

SHIRLEY YOU ARE LOOKING GOOD KID, I CAN SEE OUR YOUNGER SISTERS BEING ORNERY AS EVER. MOM HAS HER HANDS FULL WITH YOU GIRLS ON THE TRIP. HAVE FUN, I LOVE YOU, TEAR

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think I just figured something else out. I am trying it. I don't think you have to do anonymous when you post a comment. Just put in your name under name/url. Let's try.