July 22, 2008

It's Only Tuesday

Well, of course when you want time to go by more quickly, it slows down to a crawl. I swear that yesterday and today have been the longest days of my life. Two days until our trip and I can't wait. I am so excited about spending 3 days this weekend with my mother and my sisters in St. Louis.

Shirley has been feeling pretty good these last couple of days. She finished up her chemo on Monday. So now she is done until next week. Her only complaint right now is being tired. From what I gather, she's not sleeping very well. Next Monday Shirley will go for her CT Scan. And then Tuesday she will see her doctor and start back up on chemo. Yuck. Oh Shirley did go do her bloodwork yesterday and she said that a nurse asked about Mom, Kathy and I. I think that means we have definitely made an impression. I don't know if that is good or bad. But they better get used to it, because we plan on being there for every appt. whether they like it or not. (unless they get a restraining order, you never know....it might happen).

I know how awful I feel after not sleeping good. I can't imagine having cancer, going through chemotherapy and on top of that, not getting a good night's sleep. So tonight, I will pray that Shirley will sleep good tonight. And wake up feeling wonderful tomorrow. And the one thing I can't say enough...I love you Shirley!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every week that we get together for treatments are very hard because seeing your sister go through this is awful. When you go to the cancer center it is heartbreaking to see so many people going through this. You have no idea what type of cancer or what stage. Some have friends and family and others are alone. I could not imagine going through something like this by myself. The weeks that Shirley does not have chemo there seems to be something missing. I have realized thsi week that it is our time together. Even in this horrible situation, it is still precious time. I would not miss this time with Shirley, Teresa or mom for anything.

I am very excited about St. Louis and cannot wait till Friday morning. I am sure that none of us will get much sleep on Thursday night.

I truly believe that God gives us what we can handle; whether it is good or bad. It seems like I pray around the clock for healing for Shirley and the pain in our hearts to go away.

I remind myself that it needs to be happy times because time is precious to waste.

I will pray tonight for Shirley a good night sleep, comfort, strength, energy and healing. Our faith is being tested. Everyone has to believe that maricles happen everyday!!

Anonymous said...

MY SEBTIMENTS ALSO KATHY, I WISH I COULD BE THERE TO ENJOY YOU COMPANY SHIRLEY. I HOPE THAT YOU KNOW HOW PRECIOUS YOU ARE TO ME AND MY KIDS AND HUSBAND. ALTHOUGH BEING A SISTER NOT THROUGH BLOOD BUT THROUGH LOVE OF TWO PEOPLE THAT MADE US LEGALLY BOUND AS FAMILY YOU ARE MORE THAN BLOOD OR PAPER TO ME AS WELL TERESA AND KATHY.
I AM GLAD OF THE BOND THAT YOU HAVE WITH THEM AND THE LAUGHTER THAT THEY BRING TO YOU BECAUSE SITTING HERE READING THESE COMMENTS I LAUGH OUT LOUD AND CRY. I KNOW THAT I COULD NOT ASK FOR BETTER IN LIFE THAN IF WENT OUT AND PICKED MYSELF. GOD KNOWS JUST THE ONES TO PUT TOGETHER.
HAVE FUN YOU FOUR, SHOULD I ALERT ST. LOUIS THAT YOU ALL ARE COMING OR LET THEM BE SURPRISED OF THE GANG ON THERE OWN? I WISH I WAS MEETING YOU ALL, WELL ALL MY LOVE TO YOU SHIRLEY. KEEP YOU FUNNY BONE WELL GREASED FOR THE WEEKEND AHEAD TO THE REST OF YOU ENJOY AND LOVE AND MISS ALL OF YOU.

Anonymous said...

ALSO I EXPECT PICTURES OF THIS (HILARIOUS) EXPEDITION, NOT IN A BAD WAY. BUT THE FOUR OF YOU LAUGHING AND CRYING AND LAUGHING TRYING TO KEEP FROM CRYING AND LAUGHING, YOU GET THE JEST OF IT. LOVE YOU SHIRLEY!