July 23, 2008

Another Poem - Not written by Teresa

O.K. so this poem really hit home for me. It's kind of an angry poem, but I am sure whoever wrote it, felt a little angry. I'm sure Shirley has felt this way.


I'm trying to remember
The day before it came
A time when life was normal
The day before the "rain"

It's funny how a couple words
can change your world so quick
and EVERYONE'S around you
That day they said 'your sick'

Your sick?? but how?
You'll die?...Not now!
Your thin, your weak...
Too tired to speak?

Im trying to remember
one single day before
You laughed that day I SPOKE TO YOU!!!
but now you laugh no more

You joked and said
"Sweetie Im fine
You'll be stuck with me
for a very long time" LOL

that hurts,,, that too
don't touch me you
don't hug me tight
This is not alright

Im sick of trying to remember
the day, week, month before
the draining of your "YOU" began
When HELL came to our door

How DARE hell think we'll just lay down
and put you out to rest
we'll fight this fight when you cannot
we'll get you back "your best"!!

SO CANCER, HEAR ME LOUD AND CLEAR
SHE IS NOT YOURS TO TAKE
SO PACK YOUR TUMOURS, BUMPS AND CYSTS
THIS ONE YOU WILL NOT BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: