May 11, 2010

Mother's Day


was a beautiful day. I was filled with a lot of emotion. But I have a wonderful family. The picture is of Shirley's grave. Sam and Alex and Tom decorated so beautifully it made me cry. I love visiting her. I know some people have a hard time going there ... but I love it. I feel close to her. I left her the flowers in the back. The daisies...they had glitter on them.

We spent the day with my momma. We had wonderful food and everyone was there. My sisters and sister-in-laws are great mommas.

I had been doing really good emotionally but this week has been a struggle. So back to really working hard at fixing that.

My son Nik graduates in a little over a week. That doesn't help emotionally. My daughter Kelsey made a comment that I think is completely appropriate. Life is an emotional rollercoaster. She is so right.

I love you Paige, Angie, and Kristi. Thank you so much for visiting her.

I swear the second we pulled into that cemetery Toby Keith's song came on "I'm going to miss you my friend". I love you Shirley for letting me know you are there.

Her grave is absolutely beautiful and I promise until the day I die that it will always be that way.

I spent the weekend with Shirley's Alex. He will never know how much he means to me. He is my connection to Shirley.

My momma made Mother's Day perfect. She is a wonderful mother. I can never express to her how much she helps me through these difficult times. Her hugs and love are what I need more than anything.

Thank you all for listening to me. I love you all. And thank you for all of your support.

And of course my bad dog is one of my kids so his big wet kiss was a great present!!!!

Love, Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You say all the right things and hit the nail on the head. As for Kelsy she has great insight with people and there character, what a great young LADY.
As for my Mom and sisters and siser n law HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! (belated sorry) and they are all great moms and having great listening abilities with the BIG kids as wel as small and their own.
Love to everyone, Love to you Teresa.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all had a nice Mothers day! :) Moms are GREAT people God made them special :)

Love ya,
Tracy