June 30, 2008

Update

Today, Shirley went for her MRI on her hip. She was very nervous because she is soooo claustrophobic. She did take a couple of valium but I really don't think it helped very much. And we are really nervous awaiting the results, because of the pain she has been having.

Tom and Cindy threw a wonderful graduation party for Brandon. It seemed like everyone had a great time. And Tom and Cindy were very proud.

Shirley has been having some side affects to her chemo pill. And they suck. Her feet hurt her and are peeling pretty bad. Her hair has started falling out. That is very upsetting to her but I'm sure Mike is looking forward to the wig shopping.... I promised her I would shave my head if she goes bald, so we will see. She has other issues that go along with the cancer and the chemotherapy. I really hope that they go away - at least for her week off of treatment. She is proving everyday what a strong woman she really is. She is dealing with so much, more than most of us even realize... I know that she feels like she isn't handling things well most of the time, but trust me, I am watching her very closely and she is doing great.

I am going to try and put some pictures on here of our weekend and the family together. Wish me luck.

Please, everyone, pray for Shirley to have a good week. To feel so good, that she feels like there is no cancer in her body. So she can prepare to have a great party on Friday for the fourth of July and for Sammy. I love you Shirley.

Teresa

No comments: